VEGAN MAPLE BANANA BREAD
PREP: 15 mins
COOKING: 1 hour
- 3 medium ripe bananas (approx. 325 g mashed)
- 2/3 cup (150 g) coconut sugar, plus 2 tsp extra
- ½ cup (125 ml) OmegaNZ Hemp Seed Oil, plus 2 tsp extra
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) soy milk
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- ½ cup (50 g) hemp seed flour
- 1½ cups (225 g) self-raising flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt flakes
- 1 extra small banana, halved (optional)
- 2 tbsp. hemp seeds
Preheat oven to 160°C fan forced.
Grease and line the base and sides of a 25 x 14 x 12 cm tall loaf pan with baking paper.
Mash banana in bowl and combine with sugar, oil, milk and vanilla.
Add flours, cinnamon, baking powder and salt and mix to combine.
Transfer to prepared loaf pan.
Arrange extra sliced banana on top (optional) and drizzle with extra oil and sugar.
Scatter with hemp seeds and bake for 50 minutes-1 hour or until a skewer, when pierced through the centre, comes out clean.
Cool in cake pan for 10 minutes then cool on a wire rack.
Slice and serve.